St Paul’s Papanui is an Anglican Church that has been providing Christian worship for the people of Papanui since 1853. Our Bell Tower has a full peal of 8 bells which were installed in 1880. Our church is surrounded by a large cemetery, which provides a peaceful oasis in which to sit and rest in the midst of the busy Papanui business area.
The church is committed to preserving its history for future generations and has produced a number of publications – downloadable below. Alternatively hard copies of the documents are available from the Parish Office.
Gifts & Givers – Points of Interest for Parishoners Open PDF
Our Cemetery – Points of Interest for Parishioners & Visitors Open PDF
The Papanui Parish – in 3 parts spanning 1853-2009 Open PDF
(Note – this is a large document to download)
Fiftieth Anniversary of Healing Ministry in Christchurch Open PDF
The Saving of the Bells of St Paul’s Papanui Open PDF